Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My name is Khoa


My name is Khoa, and I am the oldest son of my father Dr. Nguyen Quoc Quan. When I found out my dad was captured by the Vietnam government, I was devastated. Millions of thoughts ran through my mind and I was confused for a period of time on account of the fact that my father could be gone forever. Nevertheless though, I pulled together and started of thinking of ways in which to help my dad get out of being a political prisoner. I don't exactly know why he was taken, but I want him home with me and my family very badly. It's not the same without him and I just don't like how I'm living right now. It would be a lot better if my dad went home. My dad was a very peaceful man, as is his job; he never ever resorted to violence and hatred, I would always think of him a as a smaller version of Ghandi. He helped people when they're in need and he is always there to talk to. My dad was a very smart man and would always help me with my homework; mostly math since he had a PhD in it. I miss my dad a lot. He would always work hard for his country, and would work long hours on helping it for the better. I didn't know what he meant by that, but I am always there for him and respect him as a father and an idol. I want the Vietnamese government to release him; they don't just have an important man, but a wonderful father and a reliable friend. My father is my hero, and realizing that he would go to Vietnam and do his job while risking getting caught was very heroic to me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can imagine what you feel. Maybe you should start a diary, sorta write a letter to your Dad every day or whenever you think about him. Then show it to Dad when you see him again.; I'm sure he'd like it very much. From time to time you could share some of your thoughts too on this blog... With prayer for your Dad's release, and best wishes to your family.

Anonymous said...

Chị thương,

Đọc những gì Khoa viết em thiệt rất xúc động ...Hoàng Ngâu với Khoa cùng tuổi với Bảo Long của em nhưng con em hông có suy nghĩ chính chắn như hai đứa đâu ...
Em nguyện mong cho cả gia đình có thể được sum vầy trong mùa Giáng Sinh này ...Hãy vững niềm tin chị nhé ...Mimi hai cháu ...

Thương,
Titi

Anonymous said...

Dear Khoa,

You don't know me, but I have worked with your father a lot. He wasn't just your idol, but a role model for myself and many others. I know his spirit is strong and he will come out of this situation stronger and more determined to make Vietnam a better place for all Vietnamese.

Thanks for your confidence.

Giang

Anonymous said...

Hi Khoa,
My family shares and feels the same things occurring to you and your family.
We mis your father too.
One thing I would like you to know that he is not only your hero but also mine and many people's too.
You should be proud of him. I beleive that he will be OK and will be back with your family.
Meanwhile, if you have any math question, please list in here.
I am sure that someone will help you on behalf of your father's absent.
You are the oldest son, so you should (I think you will) be the oldest man in house.
Take care your mom, your brother. They need you the most now.You need each other the most now.
Talk with them more so they can talk with you more. I think you need that too.
Clean disks for your mon. Help your brother any school questions.
Make your father be proud of you at this moment.
I think he will be very happy knowing that while in prison.

One day, you will have a chance to talk to your father, face to face,
"Dad, I took care your wife, your son, and myself.
I am strong dad.
I am a man, dad.
You should take care yourself,dad.
And leave everthing to me, dad"

You are my little hero
Tien

Anonymous said...

Hi Khoa, hi Tri,
It's me, Thu. I read your post and I miss your dad too. I really hope he comes back, and I'm sure that other people will want that too, and we'll all go and get your dad back. And then we'll have a big party with all you can eat ice cream. Don't worry, mate. He'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Khoa, Tri

I read your heartfelt appeal and I am very proud of you both. Your father will come back soon, hang in there. It's tough during this Christmas time but you both can and will survive. Take care of your mother, she is tough too but can always use a little tender loving care.

Co Ha

Anonymous said...

Hi Khoa,
Stay strong for your mom and your little brother. Your dad is an amazing person. He is a hero to all of us and a truly inspiring person. We will do all that we can to make sure that your dad returns home safely to be with you, your mom and your brother. Take care.
*big warm hug*

Anonymous said...

Hope your father will come back soon.
Best